Assistant Department Manager
My client, an Irish Retailer of Fashion, Beauty, Gifts, Jewellery and Homewares are looking for a bright and bubbly Assistant Department Manager for their Dublin City Store.
You will be responsible for Pottery, their biggest selling department so I am looking for an extremely customer focused manager who comes from a fast paced, high volume store and has a huge passion for retail.
The candidate will have tons of personality, a real people person who can get the most out of their team and motivate them into hitting the stores KPI’s.
Key Responsibilities for the job of Assistant Department Manager:
- Support the Management team with all aspects of driving sales and ensuring excellent service is delivered
- Working closely with the Sales Team ensuring all sales KPI’s are being achieved
- Ensure that the store is commercially merchandised and visually appealing
- Communicate and achieve KPI’s including Sales, Costs, ATV, UPT and Foot Fall conversion
- An understanding of margin and profit and loss
- Carry regular team briefs in order for your team to reach all goals
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere, encouraging and building strong relationships with both your team and your customers
- Ensure excellent retail store standards and Customer engagement is delivered at all times
- Review and analyse sales reports and KPI’s and react accordingly
Skills & Experience for the job of Assistant Department Manager:
- Retail experience – Fashion, Grocery, Beauty, Gifts, Pharmacy
- An understanding of P&L and Margin an advantage but not essential
- KPI and sales driven
- Has worked in a fast-paced high-volume retailer
Salary & Package:
- Basic €30-€32K negotiable depending on experience
- Bonus based on KPI’s
If you want to hear more about this opportunity, please apply or call Ambyr on 01 8148747. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.