Assistant General Manager Job Cavan
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Assistant General Manager for a healthcare unit in the Cavan / Leitrim / Monaghan area. The person will work in conjunction with the Catering Manager to deliver best in class catering service to the patients, staff and visitors. This is an initial 12 month contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Duties of this Assistant General Manager Job Cavan
- To lead, motivate and train a team to consistently develop and improve its service offering
- Bring new ideas to the business and achieving tangible cost effective results.
- Responsible for the operational performance of the team
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to support any operational initiatives and ensure delivery across all aspects of the catering team
- Manage absenteeism in line with the procedures ensuring that employees are managed effectively and appropriately
- Attending meetings with trade unions and catering representatives as requested.
- Maintaining and developing excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Drive improvement in people management across the business through delivery of HR Training and advice
- Deputising for the Catering Manager as required
Requirements of this Assistant General Manager Job Cavan
- An approved catering qualification at diploma/degree level
- At least 2 years industry experience at management level
- Experience in a high volume hospitality, conference and banqueting operation required
- A HR qualification or working towards one which is accredited by CIPD
- A high degree of knowledge of Food Hygiene including HACCP
- The ability to manage in a diverse and pressurised environment with a focus on patient services.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility.
- Actively seeks change, a self-motivator and is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Excellent IT skills (MS office).
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Unit is preferable.
If you would like to apply for this Assistant General Manager Job in Cavan, please attach a CV and we will contact you accordingly. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence. For more roles like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.