Assistant Manager, Cafe & Shop
My client, are a well established Healthy Food Cafe and Shop in the beautiful town of Greystones, North Wicklow.
They are looking for an Assistant Manager who comes from a similar background and thrives on providing 5 star customer service.
You will have tons of energy, a passion for life and healthy food and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where there is lots going on!
You will be a natural leader with exceptional organisational skills who can get the best out of your team.
Key Responsibilities for the job of Assistant Manager, Cafe & Shop
- Assisting in the management of the day to day operations in the sites to include setting labour rosters, conducting inventory counts, transaction and cash handling security, maintaining a tight budget, minimising waste and working with suppliers as necessary.
- Assisting in the management of the safety and security within the store and facility as a whole, and ensuring that staff are trained and current in terms of how to handle safety procedures.
- Ensuring customer service and quality are at the highest standards at all times.
- Leading a highly-effective team in day-to-day operations, training and coaching your team to ensure growth, development and performance excellence.
- Maintains stability and reputation of the site by assisting the GM in the complying with all legal requirements including ensuring full HACCP and cleaning procedure compliance across the team.
- Liaising with People Operations Manager (HR) in-terms of recruitment, rostering approvals, payroll and performance-management.
- Maintaining operations by enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures and dealing with equipment breakdowns should they arise.
- Acting as an ambassador for The Happy Pear, its values and ensuring that these are embodied within the team.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement amongst the team.
- Leading by example – flexibility and willingness to be hands on in all capacities when required.
Skills & Experience for the job of Assistant Manager, Cafe & Shop
- 1-2 years in a management/supervisor role in a similar style business.
- Clean driving license and car.
- Customer focused and an ability to lead and inspire a team
- An influential communicator who has the ability to develop strong cross functional working relationships.
- Creativity and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple demands.
- Passion, Energy and Enthusiasm.
- €30-35K depending on experience
If you have the skills and experienced required for this job opportunity, please attach a CV below for the attention of Ambyr Medford, in complete confidentiality. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.