Buyer – Childrenswear job, Dublin city centre
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a highly commercial buying office for one of Ireland’s most popular fashion retailers.
As Childrenswear buyer, you will be responsible for creating exciting and on-trend ranges that exceed sales expectations and drive profitability. We would like to hear from passionate buyers who are keen negotiators with a commercial ability to grow your category’s sale.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Sales & Commercial Focus –
- Analyse performance and review current range to ensure that sales, margins and profit are achieved.
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders.
Identify range opportunities –
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications.
- Constantly review competitor offer and the market in general.
- Prepare for & present regular range reviews and presentations.
Develop & Source Products –
- Review existing supplier and identify new suppliers and manage relationships.
- Control negotiations to ensure best price and margin. Evaluate supply base performance based on price, quality and delivery.
Lead and motivate team –
- Take responsibility for own development as well as manage the training of junior team members.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a similar position essential
- Domestic and overseas product sourcing
- Knowledge of fashion trends
- Excellent eye for detail
- Knowledge of the product development process
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven track record in achieving and surpassing targets
Salary: DOE & generous benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.