Buyer – Designer Womenswear job, Dublin city centre
An amazing and rare opportunity has arisen with our prestigious multi-site fashion retailer for a Buyer to work on our client’s Designer Womenswear department. Candidates must be Buyers coming from a similar luxury background, who possess a passion for fashion and are familiar with designer trends. You will be an innovative and commercial Buyer, who is skilled at sourcing and negotiations.
You will report to the Fashion and Buying Director to develop and implement the creative strategy for the department. Must be confident communicator as this is a high-profile position in the business.
What you’ll do
As Buyer for Designer Womenswear, you will be responsible for sourcing new brands and products and for negotiating the best terms for the business. You will maintain and nurture relationships with existing brands and suppliers, while seeking and developing new innovative ones.
- Cultivate, develop and implement the creative strategy for the Branded womenswear division
- Source new brands and product lines within this strategy using your up-to date knowledge of the market and emerging trends.
- Negotiate the best possible terms for the brand with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdowns and concessions.
- Plan and react to seasonal trends and customer demands
Who you’ll be
- An established Buyer for Designer Womenswear (or similar background) with significant experience and proven commercial success
- Third level degree in fashion or buying desirable
- Strong commercial acumen with stellar numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks at once
- IT savvy
Salary: DOE & generous benefits
If you have the necessary experience and attributes for this Buyer for Designer Womenswear job, please attach a CV below for the attention of Sarah Hurley. Alternatively, call 01-8148747 in complete confidence. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.