Buyer – FMCG, Food job, North Dublin
Reporting to the Head of Buying, you will be responsible for the sales, margin and profit of your category, working and exceeding plan, and building close working relationships with stakeholders within and outside of the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this expansive food company. We are looking for enthusiastic buying candidates who are commercial negotiators, coupled with a passion for food and trends. This is a really great opportunity to work for an innovation and progressive company.
You must have at least 5+ years relevant buying experience to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities of this FMCG, Food Buyer job:
- Deliver category sales, margin and profit to budgeted levels and beyond.
- Develop appropriate promotional strategies to drive sales and profitability.
- Review the category sales and profit performance and take action in order to further improve sales and margin performance.
- Keep on top of Irish, UK and International market trends and use this information to drive real innovation and food leadership in your categories.
- Work with sales and development teams to develop an own brand development plan for your categories.
- Negotiate cost of goods with all suppliers including managing cost increase proposals and seeking cost of goods reductions.
- Negotiate long term financial support from suppliers to agreed budgets.
- Plan and forecast demand with suppliers and the supply chain team to ensure a minimum of 99% product inbound availability.
- Support the business units through development of effective working relationship with the sales teams and the key customers.
- Through effective management of the administrative resource, ensure that the product and price file is continuously and accurately maintained.
- Managing and developing junior members of the team.
Requirements of this FMCG, Food Buyer job:
- At least 5+ year’s experience in a buying role in a similar environment
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritising and negotiation skills
- Passion for Food and innovation
Salary: DOE & Excellent benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.