Buyer – FMCG / Pharma, West Dublin
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Ireland’s fastest growing pharmacy group, who have a number of arms to their business.
Reporting to the Head of Buying, as Buyer, you will work closely with the ethical / medicines purchasing team to gather and analyse relevant information in order to improve and optimise pricing, and to grow sales for the business.
As Buyer, you will be responsible for negotiating the purchase costs, pulling together and analysing sales information, preparing tenders and maintaining the master price file and flagging up discrepancies to the Head of Buying.
No two days will be the same, and you will get the opportunity to work with a highly successful company that continues to grow nationwide. You will ideally come from a retail / FMCG environment and currently be operating as a Buyer / Category Manager or similar for a large volume of stores.
- Preparation of reports detailing purchases and profitability by supplier and customer
- Provide insight into reports developed; highlighting areas of success and lost opportunity
- Analyse market information, together with supplier information to identify / inform revised pricing options
- Drive improvements in margin through monthly verbal and written communications with Sales and Finance teams
- Management of contract negotiations and ongoing relationships with new and existing suppliers ensuring that appropriate terms and KPI’s/ SLA’s achieve maximum benefit
- Partner with internal teams and collaborate with senior management to define and drive projects
- Implement best purchasing practices to drive value and reduce risk while sourcing, contracting and developing relationships with quality suppliers
- Managing daily and weekly pricing & financial forecast
- Support and maintain supplier relationships through participating and co-ordinating regular review meetings.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a buying role in a similar environment
- Excellent supplier relationship management for maximum commercial gain
- Confidently present to the senior management team
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to think creatively
- Strong prioritising and negotiation skills
- Pharmaceutical technician a benefit, but not required
Salary package: DOE plus excellent benefits on offer
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat!