Buyer – FMCG, Dublin
Reporting to the Head of Buying, you will be responsible for the sales, margin and profit of your category, working and exceeding plan, and building close working relationships with stakeholders within and outside of the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this expansive retail business. Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Buyer who is happy to work on their own initiative and to seek out opportunities to drive their categories forward.
This is a really great opportunity to work for an innovation and progressive retailer in Dublin.
You must have at least 3+ years relevant buying experience to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities of this FMCG Buyer job:
- Deliver category strategy, sales, margin and profit to budgeted levels
- Significant input into shaping category strategy with Head of Buying
- Good understanding of the business and what product proposition should be in relation to the market
- Review the category sales and profit performance and act in order to further improve sales and margin performance.
- Keep on top of Irish, UK and International market trends and use this information to drive real innovation in your categories
- Build effective relationships with suppliers in order to achieve best results for business
- Managing and developing junior members of the team
Requirements of this FMCG Buyer job:
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a buying role in a similar environment
- Excellent supplier relationship management for maximum commercial gain
- Confidently present to senior team and store management
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to think creatively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritising and negotiation skills
Salary: Up to €60k DOE & Excellent benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.