Food Buyer job, Dublin City Centre
Excel Recruitment is looking for a commercial and confident Food Buyer for our market leading food retailer, who aim to deliver excellent quality products to their customers, at competitive prices.
The successful Food buying candidate will be responsible for growing specific categories in the business, in order to deliver outstanding value and choice for their customers, whilst contributing to the overall growth of the business.
You will hold great communication skills, as you will be required to build strategic supplier partnerships and have eye for identifying new products and opportunities within the market.
- Work with the Buying team to develop short- and long-term plans
- Assist in the planning and delivery of budgeted sales and margin
- Identify new market trends and implement actions to capitalise on these
- Manage the range assortment to ensure Dunnes Stores product offering is ahead of the market.
- Manage and develop the private label offer at all levels.
- Develop strong business relationships with our existing supply base and source new suppliers
- Plan and negotiate strong promotional activity for your categories to attract new customers
- Collaborate with other business functions such as Logistics, Space Planning, Operations and Marketing to ensure your ranges are delivered to shelf efficiently
Experience you will need:
- A passion for food
- 3 years+ section Buying experience
- Third-level qualification – Food or a Business-related qualification desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong MS Excel skills and excellent numerical ability is essential
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
Salary: DOE & generous benefits on offer
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat, if you hold the relevant experience.