Buyer – Food job, west Dublin
Excel Recruitment is looking for a commercial and confident Food Buyer, with experience in food retail buying/food service/FMCG buying, to work in our client’s dynamic head office.
Reporting to the Head of Trading, the successful buying candidate will be responsible for growing the food service category, in order to deliver outstanding value and range for our client’s customers, whilst delivering incremental profit for the business.
You will hold great communication skills as you will be required to build strategic supplier partnerships. As Buyer, you will passionate about food trend with an eye for identifying new products and opportunities, within the market to drive sales.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Food Buyer looking for a new challenge and for a chance to add value to this growing business
Responsibilities of this this Buyer – Food job include:
- Managing a portfolio of brands including product range and selection, introducing new brands and delisting existing suppliers or brands as market conditions demand
- Analysing performance and reviewing current ranges, taking action where appropriate
- Establishing strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business
- Maintaining and improving margins
- Identifying new opportunities and suppliers
- Sourcing and agreeing products for promotions and communication of such information to retailers, wholesale, sales and marketing teams
- Meeting customer and wholesale sales requirements in terms of range, pricing, presentation and promotions
- Co-operating, working with and supporting other members of the buying team to ensure that the overall division operates as an effective and efficient unit
- Lead the team by example: ensuring effective communication, support and recognition structures and practices are in place
Requirements for this Buyer Food job:
- FMCG/Foodservice buying experience is essential for this role
- A love of Food and innovation is preferable
- 3+ years Food Buying experience
- Excellent communication skills with commercial aptitude
- Proven track record in achieving required sales and margin
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Relationship development skills
Salary: DOE & excellent benefits
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat if you hold the relevant experience.