Furniture Buyer job in Kilkenny
It is an exciting time to be a part of this growing Irish retailer and due to their expansion plans, a new position has arisen for a Furniture Buyer to join our Homeware client’s energetic team. The candidate will be responsible for range planning, supplier negotiation, merchandising and trading their categories. You will report to the General Manager and work as part of the Buying team.
The desired candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in a similar Buying position and will have strong communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities of this Furniture Buyer job include:
- Develop and execute a strategy to ensure business needs are met and incremental sales are driven
- Matching market demands and identifying new trends/opportunities
- Analyse consumer buying patterns and customer awareness
- Buy in accordance with the annual marketing events calendar to drive top line sales
- Analyse sales data to review current trade and potential opportunities
- Maintain and grow new and existing supplier relationships
- Visit a variety of trade shows to source new, exciting products
- Challenge and negotiate with suppliers to secure the best deals for the business
- Liaise with Store Manager to ensure instore merchandising directives are adhered to
- Liaise with online team regarding new products and content to be uploaded
Requirements for this Furniture Buyer job include:
- 3+ years buying experience in a Small Goods/Furniture led environment would be ideal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong administration and IT skills
Salary: DOE & benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website