Grocery Buyer job, west Dublin
Excel Recruitment looking for a commercial and confident Grocery Buyer, with experience in food buying, to work in our client’s dynamic head office. The successful Buying candidate will be responsible for growing the Grocery category, in order to deliver outstanding value and range, whilst delivering incremental profit for the business.
As Grocery Buyer, you will hold great communication skills, as you will be required to build strategic supplier partnerships and relationships across the business. You will also have an eye for identifying new products and opportunities within the market in order to drive sales.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Grocery Buyer, looking for a new challenge in market leading business.
Responsibilities of this this Grocery Buyer job include:
- Managing a portfolio of brands including product range and selection, introducing new brands and delisting existing suppliers or brands as market conditions demand
- Analysing performance and reviewing current ranges, taking action where appropriate
- Establishing strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business
- Maintaining and improving margins
- Identifying new opportunities and suppliers
- Sourcing and agreeing products for promotions, and communication of such information to the relevant teams
- Co-operating, working with and supporting other members of the buying team to ensure that the overall division operates as an effective and efficient unit
- Lead the team by example: ensuring effective communication, support and recognition structures and practices are in place
Requirements for this Grocery Buyer job:
- 5+ years Food Buying experience
- Excellent communication skills with commercial aptitude
- Proven track record in achieving required sales and margin
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
Salary: DOE & generous benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.