Our client, who has a loyal customer base, is looking for a strong buyer to look after their Homewares category. Their offer is a range of quality products at affordable prices. Due to their growing number of stores, the business now requires an additional pair of hands to join their existing buying team.
The success buying candidate will have experience in a similar role and have a genuine passion about buying. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must, as well as excellent analytical skills and a confidence in their own ability to drive sales in the business.
Responsibilities of this Buyer job:
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and produce results against financial targets and departmental requirements
- Analyse performance and review current range to ensure that sales, margins and profit are achieved.
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders.
- Able to show excellent interpersonal, skills and high professional attitude
- Monitor the market and key competition
- Ability to interpret trends into commercial products
Requirements of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Great attention to detail with a commercial aptitude
- Strong multi-tasking, organisation and communication skills
- Customer focused
- 3+ years’ Buying experience
- Must be available to attend occasional trade fairs and make yearly overseas buying trips
Generous salary: Dependant on Experience
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.