Buyer – Ladies Fashion, Portlaoise
As Buyer for Ladies Fashion, you will be responsible for selecting and building balanced ranges by analysing past sales and understanding what the customer wants. Our client is looking for a proactive person who can successfully manage relationships with branded suppliers, stores and other stakeholders within the business.
You should have strong all-round business management capabilities, be comfortable with administration, and comfortable using reporting systems and Microsoft Excel. This role would suit someone from a buying or wholesale background.
Product development experience and previous Far East travel would be an advantage.
Our client’s head office is based in Portlaoise so is easily commutable from Kildare and Carlow.
Responsibilities of this Buyer – Ladies Fashion job:
- Develop a strategy for your department that reflects our client’s brand.
- Source, select and price product ranges.
- Maximise return through effective buying processes, including stock and budget management.
- Manage supplier relationships so that benefit is maximised for the business.
- Manage effective promotional activity and seasonal events.
- Develop department merchandising policies and work with retail management to deliver these.
- Travel to our clients stores at least once a season.
Requirements for this Buyer – Ladies Fashion job:
- Previous and relevant buying and/or wholesale experience (3+ years).
- Team player with confidence to challenge relevant stakeholders.
- Commercial focus with ability to work on own initiative.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of direct sourcing is an advantage as is experience of managing consignment and/or concession accounts.
- European travel to trade shows and to meet brands.
Salary: €60-70k DOE & great benefits.
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.