Buyer – Menswear job, Dublin
Our client is looking to recruit a Menswear Buyer for their buying team in Dublin city centre. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a highly commercial buying office for one of the most successful fashion retailers in Ireland.
As Buyer, you will develop and source commercial and on-trend ranges in order to drive sales and improve profitability. This position is for Menswear but various opportunities are available on other departments in the business.
Responsibilities of this Menswear Buyer job include:
- Analyse performance and review current range to ensure that sales, margins and profit are achieved.
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders.
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications.
- Constantly review competitor offer and the market in general.
- Prepare for & present regular range reviews and presentations.
- Review existing supplier base and identify new sources and manage relationships effectively.
- Control negotiations to ensure best price and margin and evaluate supply base performance based on price, quality and delivery.
- Take responsibility for own development as well as manage the training of junior team members.
Requirements of this Menswear Buyer job include:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position essential
- Experience in product development
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Commercial attitude and good knowledge of trends
Salary: DOE & generous benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.