Buyer – Non-Food
Excel Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Buyer – Non-Food for one of our global clients, operating in the hospitality and retail and food service sectors.
Why our client?
Since its opening over 50 years ago, our client has become the leading supplier in Ireland for non-food consumable products into the retail, foodservice and healthcare sectors.
They have the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with a clear focus on the local market here in Ireland with leadership from a local team.
Today, they are building on that strong history of success – growing the business through the delivery of excellence and innovation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Buyer to join a market leading company and become a prominent influence within the business.
As Buyer – Non-Food, you will report directly to the Commercial Manager whilst working cross-functionally with other departments in order to achieve the business’s needs and goals.
- Deliver profitable growth in sales and margin in defined categories
- Create a product range (using a good, better, best model) that delivers maximum penetration of the market while eliminating redundant or overlapping products
- Work with the Commercial team to determine the ‘current market selling price’ for products within each category
- Establish Trade Agreements with Preferred Suppliers within Categories
In order to be successful in this Buyer – Non-Food job you must have,
- 3+ years’ experience as a Senior Purchasing/ Category Manager from a similar background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong commercial mind-set
- Experience working in a fast-paced/ fast-moving experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic sourcing experience
- Supplier management
- Ability to communicate well
Salary package: €60k DOE
- Bonus 10%
- Free car parking
- 23 days hols
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat if you hold the relevant experience.