Search for your next opportunity
My client, a modern Irish retailer, is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Buyer to join their team in Dublin city centre. The successful candidate will be involved in the buying of contemporary products in an expanding company. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a strong Irish retail brand that specialises in providing quality clothing and giftware to its customers.
- Salary €60-70k doe
- Agile working
- Flexible working hours
Responsibilities of this Buyer job:
- Plan, develop and execute the pre-season planning of the buy, brand, product selection or development, and conduct range building to cover various categories.
- Source new products, select and develop merchandise assortments which are consistent with the retail strategy.
- Consult with Head of Buying to set rates to achieve gross margin targets in line with budgets.
- Negotiate trade discount, settlement terms and transport arrangements for merchandise.
- Coordinate the supply chain from vendor to warehouse and in store.
- Manage and resolve cost price discrepancies with office/suppliers.
- Keep up to date with trends and competitors in the marketplace.
- Manage and build the commercial and business relationships with our suppliers and partners.
- Consult with the finance team regarding new supplier information.
- Build strong relationships with all internal stakeholders.
Experience required for this Buyer job:
- Strong retail background and previous experience working as a buyer at a similar level.
- Qualification in buying and merchandising is an advantage.
- Strong PC skills including practical experience using Excel.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a desire to success.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.