Buying Assistant job in Laois
Our client, an iconic department store retailer is seeking to recruit a Buying Assistant to join their fast-paced Footwear and Childrenswear department in their head office.
As Buying Assistant you will report directly to the Buyer and provide administrative support to the category management/buying function. You will be the first administrative contact point for stores, suppliers and the warehouse.
With 16 stores across Ireland, this is a wonderful opportunity to progress your buying career and gain experience working in a busy buying department.
Responsibilities of this Buying Assistant role include:
- Ensure orders placed are accurately
- Support line manager in ensuring ordered ranges arrive in time and as ordered
- Support the Buyer in providing clear and concise buying plan summaries
- Contribute at and support line manager at weekly trade meetings
- Support line manager in the preparation of instore merchandising & presentation guidelines
- Support line manager in supplier meetings and store visits
- Deputise for other buying assistants in other departments in their absence when required
- Undertake ad hoc projects as directed by senior management where relevant
Requirements for this Buying Assistant role include:
- 1+ years’ experience in a buying assistant or similar role
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Salary package: circa €26k DOE & benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.