CEO, Grocery Retail Chain Supermarkets Hypermarkets
Excel Recruitment has been selected to recruit this fantastic international opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Retail Executive to join this Supermarket & Hypermarket business as CEO.
Our client is a large progressive international business, with a variety of interests in retail, pharma and energy across the world. This role involves the complete management of a modern supermarket & hypermarket chain within the group. Our client has grown to the number 1 position in its young but competitive market and are seeking a fantastic supermarket Retail Executive, with experience in western markets, to take the chain to the next level domestically and expand the business internationally.
This job is located in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Full relocation package on offer, along with an exceptional salary and benefits package.
Our client’s Supermarket & Hypermarket business has over 3,400 employees and a turnover in the Hundreds of Millions. The business has seen significant growth in recent years and has exciting plans to expand extensively across this vibrant country and across this and other emerging markets.
Based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, the CEO will be ultimately responsible for the sustainable, profitable strategic growth across the region with plans in place for extensive refurbishment of existing stores and new store openings. Our client wants to bring the best in world supermarket retailing to this region, by hiring a dynamic retail executive who can modernise the business and implement on Omni channel offering launching online retail while upgrading the store network. You will work to develop the strategic vision and operational plans for the entire business and through your team execute this vision- measuring and delivering results, growing the business and ensuring operational excellence.
Reporting directly to the International board, the CEO will have overall responsibility for running the operations of all stores and departments within the business network including Purchasing, Sales, HR, Web & E-Commerce, Corporate Governance, Finance, Accounts and Logistics .
Responsibilities of the CEO
- Develop the strategic vision and operational plans
- Full P&L and cash flow responsibility for the entire business
- Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities
- Improve operating efficiency and store productivity by continually assessing existing practices and benchmarking these against the global best practices
- Drive innovation across all elements of the business
Requirements for this CEO job
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role in Food Retail
- Successful track record of sustainable profitable growth and value creation for shareholders;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand complex business challenges and implement effective solutions in developing markets;
- Strong marketing, investments prioritization, team-building, communication, integration and negotiation skills;
- Understanding of the latest technological trends and the ability to transform retail operations along the digitalization / Industry 4.0 lines is a big plus
- Ability to relocate to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in discussing this CEO job, please attach a CV below for the attention Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment. Alternatively, please call 00353-1-8148747 to discuss this role extensively and in complete confidence