Cluster HR Manager Job Leinster
We here at Excel Recruitment have a job opportunity for an experienced HR Manager based in the midlands looking for an opportunity to manage more than 1 site. This is a large food processing organisation that has over 20 sites between ROI and the UK.
This is a highly structured organisation with almost 30 years in business. As the Cluster HR Manager, you will be responsible for managing two sites between Westmeath and Co Meath. You will have a small HR team to support you in this role along with having a highly experienced HR team based in head office to support you.
If you enjoy having an autonomous role with leadership responsibilities, where you can implement best practice with the support of your peers, this is an ideal opportunity for a senior HR Generalist or HR Manager seeking a new challenge.
Starting salary will be based on the level of experience, €45,000 – €55,000, Monday to Friday, office hours and a permanent position
Key Responsibilities for this Job:
- Support managers in all Human Resources function activities including but not limited to, for example, preparation of contracts, absence management, performance management, career development, succession planning, discipline and grievance processes and equal opportunities.
- Liaise with the Group Recruitment Specialist to appoint the right calibre of the candidate in the most cost-effective way.
- Facilitate site based recruitment and selection at all levels at the sites, ensuring compliance with ethical audit requirements, statutory provisions and the companies specific needs.
- Work closely with the Employee Forums/Site Union representatives as appropriate, building on working relationships to improve and promote a positive employee relations culture
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements with regard to employment contracts, terms of service, company handbooks and all other relevant documentation as required.
- Provide support and expert employment law advice on industrial and employment relations issues that arise day-to-day in a timely manner.
- Manage and support employee and labour relations at both site locations to include guidance and preparation for third party referrals e.g. WRC, EAT.
- Hold education sessions to improve line manager’s knowledge on recruitment skills, employment law, absence management, performance management, equal opportunities and team building/motivation.
- Maintain effective communications with all members of the Operational Management, stakeholders and HR teams.
- Comply with all HR ethical audit requirements as driven by our customers and work towards developing a framework to train and develop each category of employee to reach their maximum potential.
- Coordinate the Company’s annual Graduate Programme and support the graduate intake, including the on boarding process and management of the graduate development programme.
- Participate in PR events, assessment centres and other such opportunities to promote the profile of the company and develop its reputation as an employer of choice.
- Interface with payroll and finance on all pay-related matters including processing payroll for both sites when required.
- Review, on a regular basis, the reward and recognition strategies in line with production targets, market trends, technology and equipment investment etc
- Advise on succession planning, the drafting of PDPs and coach management on change and career development. Ensure all employees have clearly defined roles and key management are stretched with SMART objectives.
- Ensure regular reviews and feedback take place in line with the HRIS across the Group.
- Improve employee engagement at each site focusing on communication, motivation and initiatives by setting up focus groups, works councils, utilising the intranet, notice boards, etc. to ensure that company initiatives are fully understood and implemented.
- Become a ‘Champion’ of the Human Resources Information System (CoreHR), driving its utilisation for all HR related data in line with best practice under Data Protection guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate will have or demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 years’ HR Generalist experience or similar role
- Strong knowledge of Irish Employment Legislation;
- Ability to demonstrate experience of successfully working in a professional, fast, outcome orientated/target driven environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with and drive change amongst a diverse workforce population;
- Eager to learn and develop;
- Polished and professional approach when representing the company.
- Experience working with CoreHR would be an advantage;
- Payroll Processing experience would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the Ethical Trading Initiative in the Food Manufacturing Industry would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the Permit Process regarding Non-EU/EEA workers would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this HR Job or any other jobs on the Excel Recruitment website, please apply via the link below, or contact Sean Thomas on 018148747.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.