Search for your next opportunity
My client, an Irish owned family food distribution company is seeking a diligent Commercial Assistant to join their team in South Dublin. This is an amazing opportunity to join a long-established company with a reputation for distributing innovate products and services.
- Salary €35k
- Career progression opportunities
- 21 days annual leave
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Free car parking
Responsibilities of this Commercial Assistant job:
- Pricing and product maintenance.
- Open and maintain product codes.
- Create pricing in line with margin parameters and with input from the sales team.
- Solve pricing queries from suppliers and customers.
- System and database maintenance.
- Help to identify alternative suppliers and help build partnerships to innovate the company processes and products.
- Supports negotiations with existing and potential new suppliers to achieve pricing consistent with market requirements, whilst also maintaining a high level of service and security of supply.
- Review margin reports to pick up pricing errors and margin erosion.
Requirements of this Commercial Assistant job:
- Knowledge of the food / raw material distribution sector or relevant experience in technical administration / customer / supplier service in a professional distribution environment would be desirable.
- Proven commercial acumen.
- Strong negotiation, organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to focus and prioritise tasks.
- Experience dealing with third-party relationships eg: suppliers.
- Proficiency with MS Office application – advanced Excel required
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.