Customs Compliance Manager
Excel Recruitment is recruiting for a Customs Compliance Manager for a leading freight company.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervision of Agents completing the below works and working alongside the team.
* Provide Customs subject matter expertise support and leadership to the UK groupage service teams.
* Practical support in the preparation and submission of more complex declarations.
* Assign resourcing and training in maintaining the capability to complete transactions in AIS, AEP, ICS, and NCTS as required by services and customers.
* Review Customs transactions in the system and Customs billing reconciliation month.
* Completing and validating Customs compliant documentation.
* Updating internal system regarding Customs related matters (TSF Warehouse).
* Oversee Customs Compliance by maintaining and update a system of control governance.
* Liaising with carriers & customers for shipping information & documentation.
* Support the freight forwarders in gathering information or other duties.
* Ownership of reconciliation of monthly Duty deferment account.
* Build a relationship with Customs platform software providers ensuring the operating environment is always the latest version.
* Develop KPI set to measure Customs clearance performance and benchmark against a best-in-class peer group.
* Creating invoices for month-end billing for customers.
* Complete reporting customer & Revenue.
* Interface with Carriers and Information providers to ensure all required information is received.
* Provide completed Customs documentation to Customer.
* Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
* Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis, when/if required.
* Ensure a succession plan within your team that supports personal development and career progression for your team.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum of 3 years in a Freight Forwarding Customs team.
* Supervision or Team Lead experience is an advantage.
* Excellent organizational skills and capable of working at a fast pace,
* Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & PowerPoint.
* Excellent level of English Oral and Written is required.
* Professional and focused approach with a high level of attention and detail.
* Attention to analytic and conformance with defined procedures in tight timelines.
* Customer focused with a desire to always strive for excellence.
* Positive can-do attitude and highly ambitious approach.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting.
* Exceptional Communication skills
Please send your CV to Sarah Adams in Excel Recruitment. Excel Recruitment is Irelands leading Recruitment company and we are always happy to take a call to discuss the various jobs we have across all Ireland in all industries. Please call Sarah today on 01-8717637 to discuss this Customs Compliance Manager.