Demand Planner – FMCG, South Dublin
Job Description / Role Purpose
As Demand Planner, you will be tasked with creating and providing accurate forecasts for your customers, in order to efficiently optimise the supply chain function within our client’s business.
The successful Demand Planning candidate will act as a central point of contact for the Sales and Category Team from a forecasting viewpoint and will analyse date in order to identify any gaps and issues.
What makes our client different?
Our client believes in setting a freethinking, open and collaborative working environment. Here individuals are encouraged and trusted to take risks, and work autonomously to achieve results.
The successful candidate will have the chance of working for an innovative and open-minded company, with operations world-wide.
What you need for the role of Demand Planner?
- 2-3 years business experience
- 3rd level Qualification
- Capable of driving change, influencing and adapting/improving current process
- SAP experience would be beneficial, but not essential
- Exceptional analytical
- High numerate and computer literacy (MS Excel, JDA)
- Work with Sales Team, delivering insights and providing expertise on historical/ market trends and customer behaviours to influence and increase forecast accuracy
- Lead the Demand Planning Process including planning meetings by customer for the product segment to support growth, shape agenda and drive strong forecasting accuracy
- Undertake accountability for accurate forecasting) using insights from Category, Customer and historical forecasting data to feed
- Guarantee best practices sharing and simplifying processes
- Lead collaboration with inventory controllers to optimise our service levels to customers
- Adjust promotional forecasts reflecting customer orders and send up-to-date demand plans
- Complete post promotional analysis for key customers and implement learning’s for future activities
- Drive continuous improvements utilising planning tools & systems
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat if you hold the relevant experience.