Demand Planner job, Wicklow
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting and progressive business. As Demand Planner, you will work closely with a broad range of key stakeholders including Production, Procurement, Sales, IT, Retail and external suppliers.
As Demand Planner, you will be responsible in accurately forecasting sufficient volumes of both core and promotional stock in order to hit key timelines and meet their customer requirements. You will also be required to translate demand into an effective production schedule.
The successful candidate will need to hold previous experience in a Demand Planning role and be adept at working in a fast-paced head office environment.
Responsibilities of this Demand Planner Assistant job:
- Establish and roll forecast on a 12-18 months horizon by integrating seasonality and trend
- Provide refined forecast on a weekly basis by integrating short term trend and stores/customers planned orders
- Place and quantify promotional volume with short term refinements for key customers
- Weekly phase-in and control volume lot quantities (agreed fixed volumes over a period) for key customers
- Introduce new product with sales and production teams
- Consult, challenge and validate all numbers with sales team
- Align forecast with agreed budget
- Define replenishment cycles and volumes of goods to be pushed to stores
- Define volumes to be kept in external facilities
- Replenishment between Stores
- Provide visibility on actual needs and generate adequate production orders
- Follow-up on a case by case for items made on specific order requests
- Manually adjust MRP to allow production and lead-time for specific products
- Liaise with procurement to maintain adequately safety stock. Target needed weeks but adjust to meet shelf life or other restraints
- Participate in new product introduction, feasibility and stock built up
- Follow up with production end of life
- Prepare relevant information and participate in weekly meetings
Requirements for this Demand Planner Assistant job:
- Third level qualifications in supply chain or similar
- Minimum 2 years planning or supply chain experience
- Clean driving license and car
- An analytical mindset with the ability to interpret, combine and incorporate various information into one consensus forecast
- A natural and influential communicator who has the ability to develop strong cross functional working relationships.
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to manipulate lots of data and numbers and see the big picture behind the detail
- Good level of market appreciation
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills with the ability and desire to manage change and improvement
- Creativity and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple demands.
- Passion, Energy and Enthusiasm.
Salary: €35-45k DOE plus benefits.
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.