Kitchen Porter Job – Dublin
Excel Recruitment are currently recruiting experienced Kitchen Porters to join our expanding team of temporary, casual staff. Our temporary team work on a casual basis in some of the top restaurants, hotels, and catering units around Dublin.
As a Kitchen Porter, you will be responsible for basic food preparation along with ensuring the hygiene and cleanliness of food preparation areas. The ideal applicant for this job will have strong experience as a Kitchen Porter along with the ability to work both as part of a team and your own initiative. You must have a good level of spoken English and a strong work ethic.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Great Team
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Weekly Wages
- Holiday pay
Kitchen Porter Responsibilities:
- Carrying out basic cleaning tasks & Empty rubbish bins to the required standards
- Collecting and washing up pots and pans, crockery & cutlery manually and also by using the dishwasher
- Cleaning and ensuring food preparation areas are clean and tidy
- Unloading equipment and food from deliveries & Ensuring the storeroom organisation
- Making sure work surfaces, floors and walls are always clean and sanitised
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor
- Be prepared to carry out additional duties outside of general job description
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Ensuring that at the end of each shift the kitchen is ready for the next shift
Kitchen Porter Jobs Requirements:
- EU Citizen/Stamp 4 visa Required.
- This will NOT suit a part-time person.
- Experience working as kitchen porter in the restaurant/hotel environment
- Must be flexible in working hours
- Must be willing to perform physically hard tasks
- Must be able to adapt to new environment quickly
- Must follow health and safety procedures
- HACCP and Manual handling training would be an advantage
- Good level of spoken English & good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Public transport flexibility is required. Own transport would be an advantage