Fashion Buyer job, Dublin City Centre
Our client is an established fashion retailer who is currently seeking a commercial and trend-led Buyer to join their team. You must have product development and sourcing experience, and possess the ability to understand your customer’s demands and the market in general. As Buyer, you will be an adept negotiator and an effective communicator, to ensure you produce commercial results for the business. Must have management experience and you will be required to develop and coach junior team members.
Responsibilities of this Fashion Buyer job:
- Work with merchandising to plan strategy, sales, budget and margin requirements for the season
- To plan, source and select a commercial range of products within a structured supplier base, meeting the company’s objectives
- To increase turnover and profit by remaining competitive and innovative in line with competitors
- To analyse performance and forward plan / innovate where possible
- Negotiating with a wide supply base
- Collaborating with the design team on trends and product development
- Presenting to senior management
- Developing and managing a team
Requirements for this Fashion Buyer job:
- Strong fashion eye with passion for retail
- Proactive in seeking out new opportunities and reacting quickly to trends
- In-depth knowledge of the market/competition and an ability to gather and use relevant internal and external information to make commercial decisions
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong people management skills
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast-past environment
Salary: DOE & Excellent Benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.