Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will buy the right mix of fashion and core fabrics to appeal to our varied customer’s requirements. As Buyer, you will develop strategies to meet sales and margin targets and to minimise markdown. You must have a proven track record within buying and the ability to work well as part of a team. Strong communication skills are required as you will work cross-functionally with other teams in the business, such as; stores, warehouse, online etc.
Responsibilities of this Fabrics Fashion Buyer job:
- Analyse sales and manage stocks in line with demand
- Identifying new trends/opportunities
- Monitor competitor activity
- Maintain and grow new and existing supplier relationships
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure the best deals for the business
- Visit trade shows to source new, exciting products
- Visit stores and work closely with the in-store retail team
- Work with Wholesale to meet customer demands
- Plan, implement and book instore demonstrations
- Working with other buyers in the business to ensure product coordination
- Assist in resolving queries relating to price/invoicing
Requirements for this Fabrics Fashion Buyer job:
- Keen eye for detail with a passion for retail, combined with a commercial aptitude.
- In-depth knowledge of the market/competition and an ability to gather and use relevant internal and external information to make commercial decisions
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with cross-functional teams as well as independently
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels
Salary: Up to €45k DOE pro rata & Benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.