I have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a well-established multi-million-euro retail chain.
***This person can work out of either office in Cork City or Killarney***
Salary is up to €75K but this may be negotiable depending on experience, Pension, EAP and Employee Discount.
I am looking for a candidate with excellent commercial acumen who can analyse the business and create solutions to drive profitability through the management of sales, margin and overheads.
The Financial Controller will be very involved with budgeting, forecasting, P&L, margin, analysing trends and delivering reports to the senior executive team as well as liaising with the business managers and buyers on key commercial business decisions.
Reporting to the Finance Director and overseeing a finance team of six of It is essential that this person has experience in leading, developing and performance managing their staff.
Key Responsibilities for the job of Financial Controller
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Commercial reporting with insights to the business to drive proactive and good decision making
- Provide easy to follow clear, accurate, and timely monthly financial information, highlighting the important insights and challenges for a strategic planning and decision-making perspective
- Play a leading role in the preparation of the annual budgeting and 3-year planning process ensuring it is aligned to the growth objectives of the business and associated strategies, which encompasses the business requirement for a rolling budget to accommodates seasonal buying and re-forecasting during the year as the need arises
- Partnering with the heads of departments to provide insights on opportunities to grow the business through customer acquisition, margin improvement, effective cost management, ROI analysis, cash management and process improvements
- Partnering with the heads of department in the use of internal and external data to drive enhanced business performance
- Evaluation and implementation of effective Financial Systems and Internal Controls to ensure that they protect the assets, profitability, and cash flow
- Ensure best practise in corporate governance providing clear direction and guidance in this area to the finance team and wider business
- Maintenance of the business risk register of the organisation with associated mitigation in place to minimise the exposure of the business
- Ensure that the company operates within the law and complies fully with corporate, regulatory and employment legislation
- Attend and contribute effectively to departmental and company executive meetings
- Annual budgeting & forecasting across all profit & cost centres including cash flows
- Monthly management accounting with incisive & instructive analysis and interpretation
- Annual preparation of financial statements (including consolidation) for audit
- CAPEX projects – Approval, monitoring & controlling
- Taxation (Corporation, VAT, PAYE & others)
- Treasury including FX
- Insurance and Payroll
Due to the volume of applications only suitable applicants will be contacted. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.