Financial Controller, Finglas
I have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a multi-million wholesale business in Finglas.
You will be a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Managing Director, overseeing the accounts and administration team and liaising with department managers.
The Financial Controller will be a real people person with strong IT Skills and the ability to analyse big data and sales reports in order to assist with key business decisions.
Key Responsibilities for the job of Financial Controller
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts with detailed analysis and commentary in line with deadlines
- Ongoing regular review of the financial position of the company, defining and reporting on KPI’s to the management team
- Preparation of annual budgets including cash flow forecasting and strategic planning
- Management of the annual audit process with the company’s external auditors
- Management of the accounts and administration staff
- Ensure effective and robust financial controls are in place to minimise risk
- Review costings and analysis of various cost centres across the business to ensure the most cost-effective processes are in place
- Continually improve accounting processes, procedures and systems of control
- Drive improvements in the company’s IT
- Work with the management team to develop & implement business processes to improve the future financial performance of the business
- Responsibility for all internal and external financial reporting requirements
Skills & Experience for the job of Financial Controller
- Fully qualified – ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- 5 years’ experience ideally in a retail environment
- Good understanding of IT systems, big data and Microsoft Office
- A background in auditing would be an advantage
- Good team management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Up to €65K negotiable but will reflect experience
- Other benefits discussed on application
Due to the volume of applications only suitable applicants will be contacted. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.