We are currently recruiting for an experienced Fishmonger to join our client who is Ireland’s largest supermarket chain at present.
The client is a household name, who employs over 15,000 staff across 150 stores nationwide and in their head office.
Our client is currently rolling out one of the largest revamps ever seen in the food industry, one of the areas our client is investing in is in their fresh food offering. We are recruiting fresh food personnel who has experience in Fishmongering or behind a fresh food counter deboning fish, displaying and doing orders.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Fishmonger to join this retailer on a management contract. As the head Fishmonger, you will be responsible for the upkeep of the department, driving the sales and doing the orders.
You should be highly motivated to drive this department forward, excellent customer service skills, experience in fish ordering and managing food safety compliance.
Our client is offering a salary of 35 – 40 k with 25 days annual leave.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Fishmonger will include:
- The Fishmonger is responsible for the operations of the fish and seafood department, maintaining freshness and customer appeal through creative displays
- Reviewing stock on a regular basis
- De-scaling the fish and removing bones
- Gutting and cleaning the fish
- Ensuring that the product is stored properly at all times
- Advising customers as to which products to purchase
- Advising customers on how to store and cook the product correctly
The Requirements of the Fishmonger job in Dublin:
- You must love fish and seafood, be interested and preferably have had experience in retail sales
- Excellent knife skills and the ability to prepare whole fish to customer requirements, with minimum waste and maximum profitability.
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations, provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
- Excellent people management skills, willing to take instruction from our main supplier and work under their own initiative, supporting other team members.
- Food Hygiene training/qualifications and understanding of the current legislation.
If you feel you have the necessary attributes and experience for this Fishmonger job in Dublin please apply by following the instructions below.
If you are unsure if you have the right experience for this job, or if it’s not right for you, please feel free to call me on 01-8148747 as I am always happy to have a chat about the various retail jobs we have.
Candidates will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.