Fishmongers North Dublin
An opportunity is available for Fishmongers to join the leading retail supermarket in Ireland based in Dublin. Our client is seeking Fishmongers for this specialised role and are offering a fantastic salary for the role.
This job is ideal for an experienced Fishmonger who has a genuine and true passion for the trade. Our client is offering an impressive package for the role.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Fishmonger will include:
- The Fishmonger is responsible for the operations of the fish and seafood department, maintaining freshness and customer appeal through creative displays
- Reviewing stock on a regular basis
- Finding reliable sources for fish and seafood
- De-scaling the fish and removing bones
- Gutting and cleaning the fish
- Ensuring that the fish is stored properly at all times
- Dressing seafood products
- Advising customers as to which products to purchase
- Advising customers how to store and cook fish properly
- Retaining a high standard of cleanliness, safety, sanitation and compliance.
The Requirements of the Fishmonger job in Dublin:
- You must love fish and seafood, be interested and preferably have had experience in sales with relevant qualifications.
- Passionate about quality local food and interested in continued development and creation of new product lines.
- Excellent knife skills and the ability to prepare whole fish to customer requirements, with minimum waste and maximum profitability.
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations, provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
- Excellent people management skills, willing to take instruction from our main supplier and work under their own initiative, supporting other team members.
- Food Hygiene training / qualifications and understanding of current legislation.
If you feel you have the necessary attributes and experience for this Fishmonger job in Dublin please apply by following the instructions below.
If you are unsure if you have the right experience for this job, or if it’s not right for you, please feel free to call me on 01-8148747 as I am always happy to have a chat about the various retail jobs we have.
Candidates will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.