Food Buyer Job
Excel Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for our quality food supplier client. They are looking for a ambitious Food Buyer to join their growing team. Citywest based
Food Buyer – Package
- Salary: €40-€45K DOE
- Agile working
- Annual Leave: 21 Days
- Career Progression Opportunities
Food Buyer Job – Dublin west
Our client is currently going through a stage of growth, due to this, they are looking for a Food Buyer to join their busy team. A passion for food and understanding different food types along with a love for cooking is essential for this role. You will report to the Head of Buying & Strategic Business lead. This is a brand-new position so you will have the chance to make it your own!
Responsibilities of this Food Buyer job:
- Source and select products of high quality in your chosen categories
- Build and maintain supplier relationships
- Improving Joint business plans with suppliers ensuring the best financial return on growth.
- Provide assistance to the Head of Buying and Marketing Team in planning and execution of Seasonal launches and Brochures to accompany.
- Plan quarterly promotions and work with other Buyers and the Marketing team to create Brochure for launch.
- Agree with supplier’s promotion costs and volume availability, maintaining and updating promotion
- Plan and execute range reviews and benchmarking to ensure constancy and quality.
- Work closely with the Stock Replenishment team to avoid shortages and assist with Supplier delivery issues.
Requirements for this Food Buyer job:
- Microsoft office (Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Be able to work independently and as a team
- ERP system knowledge
- Category Management experience an advantage
- FMCG or Wholesale experience an advantage
- Food Buying experience essential
- Passion for food essential
- Full clean drivers licence
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.