Retail General Manager – South Dublin
Our client, One of Europe’s largest non-food retailers is seeking to recruit an experienced and strategy-focused Retail General Manager. This role is based in South Dublin.
This is an ideal job opportunity for an experienced Store Manager with strong strategic commercial and operational experience.
This job and company will suit an ambitious, people leader with a proven ability of training and development, creating an engaging, high-performance work culture.
You will have a proven track record in driving your business, managing your profit and delivering growth.
Responsibilities for the job of General Store Manager include the following.
- Manage your P&L and ensure all departmental margins are in line with store profitability
- To implement retail priorities and effectively communicate targets and objectives.
- To deliver the retail plan through your team, service and product knowledge
- Liaise with all business leaders, directors and head office commercial team with store and business performance and direction
- Lead and motivate your team through high levels of engagement and communications
- Analyse trading reports and react accordingly in order of achieving your store KPI’s
- To ensure a systematic approach in planning and organising all Store Departments.
- Responsible for managing all HR issues and appraisals for the team and co-managers
- Ensure that exceptional customer service is in place throughout the store and that this company culture is met by all staff through coaching, managing and reporting
- Oversee the functionality of the Store to ensure annual targets of over €15m+
- Monitor stock loss and implement strategies to reduce company deficit costs.
- Carry out regular appraisals ensuring your team have the right training to achieve set goals.
- Ensure company succession plan is implemented, to encourage growth amongst your team
Experience and skills required for this job include the following.
- 4-5 years Senior Store Management experience in Grocery, Non-Food or Fashion retail
- Store Management experience from a Multinational Retailer
- A proven background in driving multiple KPI’s and delivering excellence
- Experience in managing a large turnover retail business within a big box environment (turnover €10m)
- An inspirational leader with experience in leading and coaching teams of 30+
- Exceptional interpersonal capabilities as you liaise with numerous different managers, staff and departments
Package for the Retail General Manager include
- €60-70k DOE + Bonus
- Excellent Benefits and Progression
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application