General Manager FMCG
General Manager- FMCG
We here in Excel Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity now available for a senior General Manager with a market-leading retail and foodservice brand.
Our client is a market leader in food wholesale and retail, one of the most successful food service companies in Ireland. Due to their success and expansion, they are seeking a sales-driven, client-focused General Manager with a strong background in FMCG / retail sales to lead success at one of their largest and most pivotal Cash & Carry’s. As General Manager you will have extensive experience and understanding of your retail and foodservice client’s businesses in order to successfully meet their needs. You will use your own background, knowledge and natural abilities to build relationships and consistently drive excellent customer service while managing budgetary goals and achieving site KPIs.
This is an ideal opportunity for an energetic and results-driven Manager looking for the opportunity to be a real leader within a well-established, successful brand by managing one of their key wholesale functions. This General Manager job offers a competitive package of €70-80,000 DOE along with great benefits, including a 20% bonus, company car, and an attractive work-life balance.
Responsibilities for this General Manager job
- Build strong relationships with foodservice and retail customers and grow the customer’s brand loyalty by understanding and meeting their needs
- Consistently deliver excellent service to customers while focusing on maximising profitable sales and meeting all site KPIs
- Plan, agree and achieve, branch budgetary performance targets i.e sales, margin costs and profit
- Identify, develop and implement effective cost reduction initiatives to reduce branch operating costs while still retaining high standards
- Build and sustain a high performing engaged team
Requirements for this General – Manager job
- 5+ years’ experience in senior FMCG sales/ retail operations management
- Previous exposure to IR negotiations at a senior level
- Understands and is familiar with the grocery retail and or food service markets.
- A proven track record of delivering commercial results in a fast-moving business environment
- Full clean driving license
- Experience in managing a large retail/wholesale business is essential
If you have the experience and skills and are interested in this General Manager job, please send your CV in complete confidence to Sean Thomas in Excel Recruitment.