General Manager / Leisure & Restaurant
Our Client, a Leisure, Bar and Restaurant facility centre is seeking to recruit a General manager to oversee the overall day to day operations of their Leisure / Club in North Dublin. This is a strategic role for an experienced Hospitality Manager / Hotel Manager with experience in managing large team of employees and overseeing a multiple function business.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you as the General Manager will plan and deliver the strategic direction across the business. You will supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce ensuring the smooth and profitable management of the business.
It is important for the General Manager to be involved in all aspects of operations. Overseeing the daily management of the facility and ensuring all customers have a positive experience. The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand the clientele by strengthening the business reputation in all areas within the Bar, Events, Facilities and Gym.
You will be a team player, an effective leader with a positive and energetic approach to developing the club
Duties for the job of General Manager
- Managing departments and teams, overseeing schedules to make sure all departments have adequate resources to provide maximum service mix to deliver profitability
- Ensure full compliance with Clubs operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyse and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the Clubs services
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs and ordering supplies as required
- Assisting event planners with large-scale business and personal events
- Overseeing beverage and food operations for events and regular business
- Support the scheduling and oversight of maintenance and repairs, deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Hiring, training, supervising and motivating permanent and casual staff and provide training on changes in services
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Working with security officers to promote a safe atmosphere for customers and staff
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Motivate, inspire, coach and support the team to improve and develop to their full potential and deliver exceptional standards & results
- Continually drive forward improvements in products and services
Skills and Qualifications
- Senior Hospitality, Hotel Management experience essential for this job opportunity.
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
Key Skills would include;
- Hands-on approach with a passion for service and the highest attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills, combined with a high level of initiative
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services and thrive under pressure in an unpredictable environment
- Demonstrate an extremely high capability of planning, directing and executing through other large events, conferences occasion dinners & weddings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Financial, budgeting and stock-taking skills
- Knowledge of food, food hygiene including HACCP and food preparation
- Understanding of all management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Strong knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of SAGE accounts is an advantage
- Desirable: Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- Free onsite parking
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please upload your current c.v to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application.