Grocery Manager Limerick
My client is a major player in the Irish Supermarket industry who turnover yearly, €3,8 Billion euros and employ over 15,000 staff across the country. We currently have a Grocery Shop Floor Manager job available in one of their newly redeveloped supermarkets in Limerick. If you are a senior Grocery Manager who is passionate about retailing and is looking to progress with the best, our client’s company is an ideal destination to help you develop your skills in order for you to progress in your career. This is a high turnover retail supermarket, we are seeking an experienced Manager who has experience managing large teams in a high volume environment. Our client offers an attractive salary starting €35,000 – €45,000 DOE, staff discount of 12.5 %, paid courses to develop and bonus.
Key Responsibilities of the Grocery Department Manager:
- Taking full ownership and accountability for your own shop floor department
- Manage your own department targets, ensure you are meeting the agreed budgets and sales targets set out by senior management
- Managing the stock holding and availability of the shop floor
- Responsible for the personal development and coaching of your team
- Responsible for the upkeep of your department, ensure the layouts and merchandising is kept to a high standard
- Responsible for customer feedback within your departments, managing complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Responsible for sharing the responsibility of shop minding once to twice weekly, during this shift you will work up to 9 pm or 10 pm latest, ensuring the store is well kept and all colleagues are carefully looked after
Experience required for this Grocery Manager job:
- Must be highly motivated, determined to achieve results and ideally ambitious to progress
- Must have experience working in a structure target environment accountable for achieving results such as driving sales and keeping your wages within agreed labour budgets
- You must have excellent communication skills, a good level of English, confident speaker
- Must have management experience in a grocery environment, ideally another large supermarket group or a high turnover convenience store
If you are unsure if you have the right experience for this job, or if it’s not right for you, please feel free to call me on 01-8148747 as I am always happy to have a chat about the various retail jobs we have.
Candidates will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.