Trainee Grocery Manager Cork City
Are you an experienced supermarket Supervisor or Trainee Manager working in a busy grocery retail store?
On behalf of my client who is a professional supermarket group based in Munster, I am recruiting for a junior Trainee Manager. This is an entry level Management job, perfect for an energetic, ambitious senior Sales Assistant looking to step up in his or her grocery career. Our client is an excellent retail group, who has recently completed a major refit of their new store and are looking to add a new manager to their growing team. They have an excellent track record for developing their Managers to become some of the best retailers in the country. Our client is offering full training and a rewarding starting salary. Must be flexible to the business needs, energetic, ambitious and must have senior grocery experience such as supervising or doing some ordering for your store.
The Job of the Grocery Trainee Manager
- Learn and understand all functions of the store, top to bottom, opening, and closing procedures, stock ordering, taking ownership of sections of the store at first, but this will lead on to managing bigger departments.
- Learn how to negotiate/communicate with your staff, motivate and delegate large workloads to large teams across the store.
- Supervise and run the whole store in the absence of senior Managers, ensuring high standards in customer service, freshness, and general housekeeping.
- You will be thought about P&L of the business, understanding margins, overheads, labour management and to successfully make a profit.
The Requirements for this Retail Trainee Manager job are:
- Must be highly ambitious willing to work hard, learn and take on challenging tasks
- Self-motivated with an ability to understand and solve problems by yourself
- Excellent communication skills, well presented.
- Must have a clean driving licence.
- Previous Supervisor experience or Junior Management experience would be ideal, if you are a General Assistant you must be experienced looking after the store on your own, doing the stock ordering and supervise small teams at a minimum,
If you are unsure if you have the right experience for this job, or if it’s not right for you, please feel free to call me on 01-8148747 as I am always happy to have a chat about the various retail jobs we have.
Candidates will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.