Group Head Chef Job Killarney Hotel
We are currently recruiting for a Head Chef for a small group of Hotels in Killarney. Our client seeks an experienced and ambitious head chef to lead and manage their Kitchen Team.
Responsibilities of this Group Head Chef Job Killarney Hotel:
- To control all kitchen areas and staff canteens ensuring the smooth running of all outlets.
- To take responsibility for all food ordering.
- In ensuring the highest standards of food and hygiene are maintained- implementation and maintenance of HACCP.
- To be responsible for the training of all kitchen staff in relation to the Food and Beverage operation.
- To liaise with department managers and leaders with regard to functions, promotions and menus.
- Carry out audits in all areas including quality standards, cleanliness, portion control, security and wastage.
- Developing new menus, developing all new ideas and training the team to work with costings and recipe standards.
- To have recipe cards in place for all dishes served in the property before they go on any menu.
- To hold monthly communication meetings with your teams to discuss training ideas and menu changes.
- To minimise wastage and breakage in all outlets.
- To ensure that any maintenance or health hazard are reported and fixed and all staff know how to operate equipment safely.
- To hold / attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- To be fully congruent with the fire and emergency procedure for the all kitchen areas and to ensure that all team members are trained in this area.
- To ensure the Employee Restaurant Meals are of a high standard, a weekly menu is devised and the Employee restaurant is clean and tidy
- To ensure that HACCP is implemented and that standards are maintained with regard to fridge temperatures, cleaning schedules and temperature checks including documentation of same.
- To ensure that kitchen stewards complete cleaning schedules and maintain hygiene of the highest standards.
Requirements of this Group Head Chef Job Killarney Hotel:
- A minimum of 3 years’ head chef experience in a 3 star Hotel or higher
- Experience managing a team of 15 or more
- Experience managing multiple outlets
- Excellent culinary skills with very hands on approach
- Structured and methodical
- Ability to deal with pressure in a busy operation
If you would like to apply for this Group Head Chef Job Killarney Hotel please attach a CV and we will contact you accordingly. Please visit www.jobsatexcel.ie for similar live jobs.