Head of Buying
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Head of Buying with a high volume, international retail brand.
Our client is a well-known, well-loved brand renowned for meeting and exceeding customer expectations with their product offering. This is a fantastic opportunity for a progressive and dynamic Head of Buying to be a real thought leader in a growing and exciting retail brand. Impressive salary and benefits package on offer for the right applicant.
As Head of Buying, you will lead, motivate and manage a talented and ever-growing buying team. You, alongside your team, will have responsibility for planning and executing growth strategies, strategic range planning and management and buying and sourcing product. You will have the extensive market knowledge and remain constantly up-to-date with the latest trends in the market and competitor activity and use this to stay ahead of the curve in terms of customer offering.
As Head of Buying you will:
- Devise and implement an appropriate trading strategy
- Take ownership of product range management and development; procurement pricing and terms, retail pricing, margins and category management
- Manage, develop and inspire your team
The successful applicant will be a Senior Buyer or Head of Buying within the retail or FMCG sector. You will have extensive experience managing, motivating teams and be an adept and influential communicator.
The successful Head of Buying will have-
- Substantial senior buying experience within a leading retail brand
- Good marketing and brand development experience
- Strong relationship building, negotiating and operational skills within a customer orientated culture
- Strong people management skills and experience of managing large complex teams
- Significant experience of change management and leading business improvement initiatives
- A 3rd level education is desirable
If you have the skills and experience for this Head of Buying job, please attach a CV below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment. Alternatively, please call 01-8148747 to discuss the role in complete confidence.