Head of Buying & Strategy in north Dublin
Our food service client is seeking a Head of Buying & Strategy to join their expansive food business in north Dublin. As a senior member of the Buying team, the role will contribute to the development and implementation of an effective Buying strategy that is aligned with the overall business strategy. In particular, as Head of Buying & Strategy, you will devise, implement and deliver processes and ways of working which support the effective delivery of the Buying strategy, across all activities in the business.
Reporting to the Buying Director, this is a senior role with a six-figure salary so you must hold the relevant commercial experience to be considered.
You will be working for one of Ireland’s great employer brands and an international success story.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Buying strategy and overall commercial plan of the business
- Create and roll out effective processes across the Buying function
- Ensure that strategies, policies and SOPs created are documented and are in active use by the wider Buying team
- Creation of overall range strategy that supports growth of the business
- Ensure robust process in place to manage slow moving stock and optimise cash flow, all while ensuring full availability and choice for their customers
- Overall responsibility for development of a retail and foodservice pricing framework
- Overall responsibility for development and execution of a market leading promotion strategy
- Ensure training and development of Buying team on the relevant policies
- Ensure cross functional buy in to own-brand vision and its delivery
- Ensuring that all members of the Buying team have the necessary skill sets, resources and support to achieve their objectives
- Developing appropriate succession management plans to ensure continuity and skills to meet future business needs
Experience you’ll hold:
- 3rd level business administration or relevant experience
- 5+ years Buying experience
- Previous people management experience
- Knowledge of the Irish, NI and/or UK retail and foodservice industry a distinct advantage
- Technically advanced IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good Planning & Organisation Skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to engage multiple stakeholders and manage multiple commercial projects simultaneously.
- Highly numerate and strong on data analysis and interpretation
Salary: DOE & Excellent benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website. SB123