Head of Public Relations- Retail Industry
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Head of Public Relations/ Communications.
Your goal as Head of Public Relations will be to represent and ensure the consistent, coherent and effective delivery of your client’ s message to key stakeholders, change makers and media. You will work to represent their voice and advance their interests with policymakers and influencers. You will be fully engaged with your client’s, their issues and the wider retail industry, keeping fully up-to-date and anticipating potential changes, opportunities and threat.
You, along with your talented team, will work to highlight the organisation’s work and its clients in a positive way and bolster the already positive perception of the company. You will represent the organisation and the wider retail industry at a wide range of events and through all forms of traditional and digital media and will have the media training and natural skills to do so seamlessly.
This is a significant, senior position and remuneration reflects this. Salary is DOE with full benefits package.
As Head of Public Relations you will:
- Represent this business on Television, in Radio and Press along with all digital media.
- Forge connections and establish regular contact with key stake holders, decision-makers and regulatory bodies
- Monitor industry activity, trends and threats, providing and communicating analysis
- Provide internal forecasts of the likely effect of public policy changes on the organisation
- Write or edit submissions to government, EU or regulator consultations
- Draft press releases and build relationships with media contacts
- Keep abreast of relevant and important media stories on a daily basis
The successful Head of Public Affairs will be the consummate communicator, with impeccable writing and speaking and most importantly media presentation skills. You will have the natural ability to build connections, influence people and encourage and lead change. You will be adept at and genuinely enjoy networking and establishing a rapport with a wide range of people.
The successful applicant for this Head of Public Relations will have:
- 4+ years’ experience as Public Affairs/ Communications manager
- A natural communicator with great networking skills and the ability to influence change
- Proven successful track record of leading, managing and inspiring a team
- Experience in or extensive knowledge of the retail industry
- Professional media training
- A 3rd level qualification in PR would be desirable
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this Head of Public Relations job, please send a CV below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.