Homeware Buyer job, Dublin City Centre
As Homeware Buyer, you will be a highly commercial and results driven individual, who enjoys working with product in a fast-paced buying office. You will be on top of homeware and lifestyle trends and have a thorough understanding of your customer and the marketplace.
It is essential that you have experience of sourcing and product development with design team /suppliers and can demonstrate proven negotiation and presentation skills.
Must have management experience and you will be required to develop and coach junior team members.
Responsibilities of this Homeware Buyer job:
- Work with merchandising to plan strategy, sales, budget and margin requirements for the season
- To plan, source and select a commercial range of products within a structured supplier base, meeting the company’s objectives
- To increase turnover and profit by remaining competitive and innovative in line with competitors
- To analyse performance and forward plan / innovate where possible
- Negotiating with a wide supply base
- Collaborating with the design team on trends and product development
- Presenting to senior management
- Developing and managing a team
Requirements for this Homeware Buyer job:
- Strong eye for detail with passion for retail
- Proactive in seeking out new opportunities and reacting quickly to trends
- In-depth knowledge of the market/competition and an ability to gather and use relevant internal and external information to make commercial decisions
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong people management skills
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast-past environment
Salary: DOE & Excellent Benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the relevant experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.