This amazing supermarket group now controls over 11% of the Irish retail market and has over 130 stores nationwide with continuous plans to expand further.
They have also been awarded one of the best 100 employers in Ireland for the past number of years and now employ over 5,000 staff and management across their Irish based stores.
This client has an excellent track record of training and developing their managers to work their way up in the company. They offer €41,000 starting as a Trainee Assistant Manager, this salary increases you to €51,000 after 5 years in this role and this job also offers pension and health care as one of the many great benefits on offer.
If you are a passionate individual who enjoys management in a fast paced environment, dealing with the general public and relish a challenge this is an ideal opportunity to develop your skills and try a different direction in your career.
The requirements for this retail Assistant Manager Job:
- Must hold a senior management role that is fundamentally responsible for delivering results such as delivering on company targets, maintaining high standards, man management of staff, driving sales and customer experience
- We are seeking a manager from a hospitality background, ideally working in a busy bar, restaurant, catering or hotel environment etc.
- You must hold a full driving license and be available to travel up to 45 minutes commute from your home address
- Must be hard working, capable of pushing heavy pallets, lifting boxes and keeping up with the pace of running a busy supermarket
- Must have experience managing a team, responsible for their performances, experienced in handling any issues surrounding HR queries, motivating and developing your staff
- You must have experience working in a team environment, taking constructive feedback and applying it in a positive manner,
- You must be capable of solving problems and use your own initiative to solve problems and overcome issues that may arise in your daily job
- Above most of all, our client is seeking a manager who has strong leadership skills, capable of bringing the team with them and create a productive but enjoyable working environment
The responsibilities for this Assistant Manager Job:
- Learn and develop your management skills and experience in a busy supermarket environment
- After your training is completed you will be responsible for maintaining the high standards in your chosen store, responsible for shop orders, cleanliness, queue control and customer care
- Responsible for ensuring your store is compliant with food safety and health & safety regulations
- Supporting the Store Manager in all areas of the business, but most importantly that the store achieves their weekly, quarterly and yearly targets
- Managing the manpower of the store, ensuring it is been used in a productive manner, roster management, delegating and ensure your team achieve their daily tasks
Please send your CV in complete confidence to Sean Thomas in Excel Recruitment
Excel Recruitment is Ireland leading Retail Recruitment Company and we are always happy to take a call from any retailers to discuss the various retail jobs we have across all Ireland. 01-8148747