Search for your next opportunity
HR Manager – Retail
HR Manager – Retail
Our client, a leading global retail chain is seeking to recruit a HR Manager for one of their large, big box stores in Cork. This is a fantastic job opportunity for an experienced people-focused Store Manager/Senior Retail Manager looking to pursue their career in HR.
As HR Manager you will oversee all human resource requirements within the store. You will work closely with the store leadership team, support best practices across people, service, advice, and standards, and carry out our client’s people/team strategy.
The ideal candidate for this role will come from a high-volume retail or hospitality background, with proven experience and knowledge in HR.
This job opportunity offers exceptional career opportunities, culture, development, benefits, and package.
This role involves working 5 over 7 shift patterns.
- 50-54K DOE
- 23 days holidays increasing to 25
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Wellness program
Responsibilities of this job:
- Provide expert advice and guidance to all employees and management on HR-related matters including performance management, training & development, employee relations, and employee wellbeing and engagement
- Drive a positive working culture through driving well-being initiatives and improving communication channels among employees & management
- Ensure performance management systems are in place and conducted in line with company policy
- Manage onboarding and induction processes for new employees as well as offboarding of leavers
- Update and maintain employee documentation/personnel files such as employment contracts & handbooks
- Collaborate with finance and payroll department to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the payroll cycle
- Ensure recruitment and succession plans are supported
- Ensure employee matters are resolved effectively & efficiently
- Support management team with coaching and development of employees
- Facilitate the implementation of any changes with regard to employment legislation
Skills and experience required for this job:
- Store management/senior retail management experience in high-volume retail or hospitality
- CIPD/HR qualification desirable
- Experience working with unions is advantageous
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate agility by being flexible and open to change
Should you be interested in hearing more about this HR Manager job opportunity, please apply to the link provided with your updated C.V or contact Aislinn on 018717604.