Jewellery & Cosmetics Buyer, Dublin city centre
Our client has developed a strong retail brand, led by their clothing, homeware and giftware. Their offer is an exciting blend of contemporary products and they are expanding their business continuously. Reporting to the Senior Buyer, the ideal candidate will be extremely organised and be able to hit the ground running within this growing Irish retailer. You will work closely with all parts of the business to ensure profitable results.
If you are a Buyer looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real difference, and to be a part of this thriving Irish business, then we would like to hear from you.
Responsibilities of this Jewellery & Cosmetics Buyer job:
- Plan, Develop and execute commercial ranges
- Source new products, select merchandise assortments consistent with strategy
- Set mark-up rates, markdown rates and selling prices for the merchandise in order to achieve gross margin targets in line with budgets
- Negotiate trade discount, settlement terms and transport arrangements for products
- Analyse performance and review current range to ensure that sales, margins and profit are achieved
- Regular/ weekly store visits to ensure all sections are looking neat, tidy and fully stocked
- Set up promotions in conjunction with the Buying team, and retail team
- Keep up to date with trends and competitors in the market place for the relevant group/department and all adjacent categories
- Manage and build the commercial and business relationships with our suppliers and partners.
- Create and maintain planograms for new and existing stock within stores
Requirements of this Jewellery & Cosmetics Buyer job:
- Strong retail background and will have worked as a Buyer at a similar level (3+ years)
- Strong PC skills including practical experience using Excel
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work
Salary: €50-60k DOE & benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.