Junior Space Planner – Dublin south
Our Irish DIY retail client, is currently recruiting for a Junior Space Planner to support the next stage of range development and product placement within their stores.
As Junior Space Planner, you will play an integral part in supporting the commercial team with delivering and executing range decisions, in-store product placement and activity plans that are in-line with our client’s strategy.
You will be an analytical and commercial individual with experience working in a fast-paced retail environment.
Responsibilities of this Junior Space Planner job:
- Creating product merchandising plans for the stores in line with an agreed time line for each of our product departments
- To assist the business in achieving set targets on sales and gross margin
- Reviewing EPOS sales data, sales data from suppliers and market intelligence information to devise merchandising plans
- Reviewing store “Macro Space” allocations per product department with the buying team
- Monitoring the implementation of range placement decisions in store and making recommendations accordingly
- Preparing weekly reports on sales and gross profit margins generated per product department in each store against targets
- Planned regular visits to stores in conjunction with the Operations Management team
- Work collaboratively with the Retail Buying, Marketing, Finance and Operations Teams
- Manage relationships with suppliers to ensure commercial trade terms are achieved
Requirements for this Junior Space Planner job:
- Highly analytical and commercially focused with the ability to analyse EPOS sales and margin data and use this data to inform decisions on product ranging and planograms
- Minimum 1+ year retail experience required, working in a category space planning and/or merchandising role
- Experience using macro space planning software tools (e.g. Spaceman) and Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential for this role
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage your own time and workload effectively and to work as part of the Buying Team
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
Salary: €26-27k DOE & benefits
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat!