Logistic Operations Manager
Excel Recruitment is looking for an experienced Logistics Operations Manager for a leading distributor of car parts and accessories.
This a really great opportunity for a Logistics Operations Manager who is ready for a new challenge!
As an Operations Manager in LKQ you will be responsible for successfully managing
all aspects of the warehouse operation in line with budget and service level requirements, whilst developing a team capable of achieving warehouse excellence by generating and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
Our values underpin everything we do, and you will drive these throughout the Distribution Centre to ensure safe ways of working are maintained. You will be responsible for keeping our colleagues engaged and have the necessary tools to deliver great customer service.
You will report to the General Manager and you will be working as part of the senior Logistics Management Team to create, develop and drive performance and operational standards which link to our organisation’s strategy and plan, and ultimately ensure that we deliver on our customer promise.
- Responsibility for the operational leadership and management of all warehouse activities across day and night shifts liaising with management and other functional areas to ensure exceptional service is provided to our customers
- Working to deliver exceptional performance across key metrics and KPI measures in line with functional and organisational goals and objectives
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of logistics, including warehouse management systems and developing teams in these areas to drive excellence in all warehouse operations
- Driving a continuous improvement culture to achieve optimal performance.
- Driving a safety culture throughout the Distribution Centre by ensuring the logistics management team is accountable for Health & Safety compliance in line with all procedural and SSOW requirements, ensuring they are reviewed at appropriate intervals for best-in-class practices.
- Raising awareness of Health & Safety compliance and consistently reviewing practices to continually improve working environments across the logistics function.
- Creating a customer focused mindset, ensuring the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
- Encouraging collaborative working to ensure we are maximising on the customer opportunity.
- Display a safety first mentality by delivering safety best practice/standards through training, coaching, communication, teamwork and safety KPI management
- Leading, coaching and developing your teams
- Holding regular reviews with the management team to strengthen engagement and support development.
- Creating a robust succession plan across the function, and ensure it is cascaded to all colleagues.
- Acting as a key member of the logistics management team by actively demonstrating the standards, behaviours and values to drive team effectiveness across the business.
- Achieving operational excellence by ensuring the function consistently meets its agreed service levels and standards
- Helping to shape the controls and measures the logistics operation adheres to, to ensure continued operational improvements
- Having a good understanding of Warehouse Management Systems, working alongside internal and external partners to ensure the system capability is optimised
- Ensuring careful planning of the operation to optimise cost effectiveness
- Develop team structure, mentoring and training direct reports as required.
- Manage staffing levels so resources are utilised effectively, participate in the hiring process for new employees.
- Responsibility of functional and organisational objectives compliance of temporary labour providers
- Working collaboratively with support functions to manage budgetary spend
- Taking ownership of financial performance for the operational teams across the sites and developing the operational management team to drive efficiencies in this area
- Implementing initiatives to achieve the required payroll, headcount, distribution, and controllable contribution targets as agreed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with direct management responsibility for a warehouse team in a 24/7 environment
- Strong track record of team leadership and development
- Project management with demonstrable experience of change initiatives.
- Experience of using warehouse management and other IT systems
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a flexible attitude.
- Relevant degree or masters level qualification an advantage.
Please send your CV to Sarah Adams in Excel Recruitment. Excel Recruitment is Irelands leading Recruitment company and we are always happy to take a call to discuss the various jobs we have across all Ireland in all industries. Please call Sarah today on 01-8717637 to discuss this logistic operations manager job.