Medical Social Worker
In partnership with our client, one of Ireland’s leading private healthcare providers, we are currently accepting applications for the position of Medical Social Worker for a new transitional care facility in North Dublin
Our client promises a supportive and organised working environment working as part of a team of 3 Medical Social Workers along with a team of specialised nurses, doctors, and allied health professionals. This will be a fast-paced position as this facility focuses predominantly on short term admissions from the Dublin hospital system through the HSE. This role presents an excellent opportunity to shape the department of this brand-new service and would ideally suit a Social Worker with an acute hospital or primary care experience
What’s on offer? Competitive pay and premiums, meals on duty, daytime working hours on a Monday to Friday schedule, educational and development supports along with a friendly and supportive working environment.
Responsibilities of this Medical Social Worker job include:
- Offers emotional and practical support to families, with the aim of helping families to manage any difficulties they may be experiencing.
- Psychosocial assessments assessing the patient’s emotional, social, environmental and care needs.
- Guidance about available support agencies, counselling options and future care options such as sheltered housing or the process of a Fair Deal Application
What you need to be considered for this Medical Social Worker job:
- Professional Registration with CORU
- 1 year’s post registration experience preferred
Should you wish to have a chat about current opportunities, please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Brian on 01 8717676 for more information on this position. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.