Merchandiser job Childrenswear Dublin
Working alongside the Buying team, as Merchandiser, you will be responsible for taking the department’s strategy, translating it into forecasted sales and managing performance to achieve required results. Through a strong understanding of the marketplace and customers buying trends, you will provide the Buying team with analytical support and direction on strategic, commercial decision making, to gain commercial wins for the business.
Our ideal applicant will have previously worked as a Merchandiser within a fast-paced retail environment and possess a strong commercial awareness of the industry. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must, as you will be liaising with stakeholders of all levels, across the business.
Responsibilities of this Merchandiser job include:
- Collaborating with Buyers to achieve commercial ranges, trading the department and managing its performance throughout the season
- Formulating range strategy, utilising relevant data to support your proposals
- Managing profit performance through limiting risk, potentialising profit and managing departmental sales performance to achieve bottom-line results
- Motivating and developing direct reports in your department
Requirements for this Merchandiser job include:
- A proven track record in the role of Merchandiser, to be able to ‘hit the ground running’
- Outstanding commercial awareness, with a strong understanding of the market
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong people management skills, along with superb communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude
Salary: DOE plus generous benefits and assistance with relocation if required.
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.