Non Food Sales Specialist job
My client is a well-known food service provider who is a major player in the industry.
This large organisation has five large wholesale cash & carries and employs over 10,000 people across its business.
They are currently in search of a Non-Food sales specialist to join their growing team. This job offers an excellent remuneration package and an excellent work-life balance.
Responsibilities for this job:
- In conjunction with Head of Foodservice Sales and Foodservice sales, teams ensure the successful delivery of category best practice, standards, salesmanship & growth
- Deliver and exceed agreed regional and category sales, profit and margin targets across the (delivered, collect and online) Foodservice business
- Develop a long term sales plan that will improve sales, service, stock management, product knowledge
- Ensure existing and potential customers receive excellent customer service while maintaining and establishing strong relationships and partnerships that will add value to our customer proposition.
- Develop the territory by managing a prospect list to secure new customers
- Deliver commercial strategy through new initiatives
- Support the development & implementation of category plans
- Drive growth through awareness of the range that is currently available to substantially increase loyalty through the current customer base
- Ensure full optimisation of the offer through the Customer Service Co-Ordinator, Regional General Managers, Cash &Carry Floor Managers etc, to ensure maximum growth in your category
- In conjunction with the Trading team, facilitate and drive the introduction of new products/range as the company/customer requirements
- Ensure excellent customer service through friendly, accurate field communication and good administration practices & CRM
- Ensure the correct product mix in each account thus ensuring maximum profitability
- Complete all administration as required including Daily Sales Reports, Record Cards and Prospect lists
- Maintain Territory Management costs within allocated budgets, through good time management, resources management, and the most effective call pattern for each customer
- Manage all customer contracts within the territory, including managing pricing and range to maximise profitability
Requirements for this job:
- 2 – 5 years knowledge/experience in Convenience Grocery Wholesale Trade;
- Experience/ knowledge in the retail industry or in direct retail sales (competitors/ range/ customers)
- Proven track record in proactive field sales and achieved targets
- Proven ability to manage a customer base and develop new business
- Proven track record in selling a large product range
- Ability to manage customer profitability (price/margin)
- Persuasive Selling and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent questioning and listening skills
- Commercial awareness.
- Administration skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Reporting), planning and time management skills.
- Customer focused with an ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Ability to change, adapt and be flexible
Please send your CV in complete confidence to Sean Thomas in Excel Recruitment
Excel Recruitment is Ireland leading Retail Recruitment company and we are always happy to take a call from any retailers to discuss the various retail jobs we have across all Ireland. 01-8148747